Monday, May 2, 2011

My Day

My day started pretty early. I get up for work at 5:15am. I shower, eat and get ready for work. Ususally I leave home at between 6:20 and 6:30. This morning, I was running a little late and it was about 6:40 when I finally left the house. I walked to the car and noticed that the door was not quite shut all the way. I opened the door and got in the car. Within a few seconds I realized that the whole seat was wet! It had rained last night and remember I said the door was opened a little bit. I found some clothing that was in the car and decided to sit on it to keep myself dry.

Then I went to start the car...and it wouldn't turn over! THE BATTERY WAS DEAD! My first reaction and thought was a bunch of curse words and that I would be late for work adn that my whole day would be affected by this. Then I thought to myself, "what is that negative thinking going to accomplish". I decided that I had control of the situation and I could still make it to work on time, and the day could only get better.

Luckily, we knew that the battery was getting bad i the car and we had bought one of those portable battery 'things'. I don't know what to call it. Basically it will start a car battery. I pulled it out of the trunk, opened the hood, hooked it up and started the car. No problem at all. I took care of the situation and was on the road in less than 5 minutes. I made it to work on time and all was well in my world.

I finished my 12 hour shift and drove to St. Andrews to vote. I had to get my say in...it is important, you know. After I voted, I went back to town and planned on doing 1 hour of cardio. I went on the treadmill for 20 minutes on an incline of 10 and a speed of 4.0. Then I did intervals for 20 minutes on the EFX Ellipitcal at an incline of 10 and a resistance of 6 or 20. After that I went on the spin bike for 30 minutes and I worked hard. In the locker room, I was thinking about my workout and realized that I actually did 1 hour and 10 minutes of cardio...Yeah Me! I think I was so tired that I didn't realize that I had done 10 minutes more than I meant to.

So how did your day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment