Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So I have some good news and some not so good news.
I will start with the good news. The good news has to do with my weight. I weighed myself this morning and I am 203 lbs. Which means that I have let go of 130 lbs and I am only 20 away from my goal and close to being in the 100's! I am so excited to see the scale beginning to go down again. I really want to push through and get the last few pounds off so that I can have that feeling of accomplishment when I reach my goal. I know that with some hard work and dedication, I will be at my goal before I know it.

OK, now for the not so good news...
Someone asked me a question today. This someone is a person that I have met before but I don't really know her. I was talking to someone else and she piped up and asked me a question. Now this is a question that I have been asked before...when I weighed over 300 lbs. It is the dreaded question that every woman does not want to be asked...unless she can answer yes. It is a question that I never expected to be asked again...unless I could answer yes to it. Have you guessed the question? If you guessed "Are you pregnant?" you are absolutely right. YES, I WAS ASKED IF I WAS PREGNANT!!!!! I was stunned when she asked me this, I didn't know what to say, so I just said "NO". She took the wind out of my sails. She might as well have put a knife through my heart and twisted and turned it until I stopped breathing. I'll tell you, she is lucky she still has teeth because it was all I could do to hold mysefl back from hitting her...just kidding. I would never really act out with violence.
Now, I know that I still have some weight to let go of and I know that I carry most of my extra weight around my abdomen, BUT I DON'T THINK I LOOK PREGNANT!! Or maybe I have a distorted vision of what I actually look like and I really do look pregnant. Now, I do get the comment that I am "glowing" and a lot of women glow when they are pregnant so hopefully she saw that I was glowing and she made the comment because of that and not the look of my abdomen.
You know, it really just sucks that someone thinks that I look pregnant enough to ask. Usually, people don't ask a lady if they are pregnant unless they really do look pregnant.
On my way home tonight, I wanted to stop and get some chips but I knew that I wanted them because of the way that I was feeling. I am really trying to kick the "emotional eating habit" that I have developed over the years and I am one step closer to kicking that habit because I did not stop for chips. Today, I took a step forward and I am going to keep stepping forward until I reach my goal!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for another drop!!! Soooo close now to ONEderland!
    I honestly with all my heart do not think the woman asked you that based on a judgement of your body. I really don't! I actually thought the same thought on Sunday because you glow!!! I sat there thinking "If I didn't know better I'd swear she was pregnant she's glowing so much!" So there. Take it as a huge compliment. You heard her question with you "old" ears and automatically assumed she asked based on your body. You have new ears and I'm pretty sure they were just turned off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammi,
    I really hope that she asked because I was glowing. Actually, I have decided that that is why she asked and then I don't have to worry about it.
    I have been working on keeping my new ears turned on at all times, but sometimes my old ears take over! LOL

    ReplyDelete