Monday, March 7, 2011

Another awesome day! The weather is mild and I am actually happy to see the potholes on my road because it means that the snow and ice are melting.

I had another great day at the gym. It was leg day today. My knee was actually feeling great today during the workout, so great that I was able to increase my weights on the leg extension machine to where it was before my knee was sore. The only thing that I notice though, is that my right quad is doing most of the work. The knee that hurts while doing the leg extension is the left one and it is not as strong as the right one. I will have to pay some extra attention to my left quad for the next while making sure not to overdo it and hurt it again.

This is what I did for my leg workout today:
Leg Extension - 60 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets
Leg Curl - 100 lbs x 15 reps, 110 lbs x 15 reps x 2 sets
Thigh abduction - 220 x 15, 225 x 15, 230 x 15
Thigh adduction - 205 x 15, 210 x 15, 220 x 15
Calf press - 4 plates x 15, 6 plates x 15, 8 plates x 15
Plie sumo squat, 75 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

I just realized that I did not even try the lunges. I am sure that I could have done them. I will have to do extra next time to make up for it!

After legs, it was ab time and then cardio time. I did 20 minutes on the Precor Elliptical and 25 hard minutes on the spin bike.

I hope you had a great day and got a chance to enjoy the fresh air outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment