Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Letting Go

I realize that there may be some new readers of my blog with the exposure of my story in The Casket newspaper and I would like to explain where the term "Letting Go" comes from.

Many years ago, when I worked at Mother Webb's, I went to a fortune teller. It was my first time going to a fortune teller and going into it I was not really sure what to think. She had many things to say to me, of which many have come true. One thing that she said was that at some point in my life I was going to lose a lot of weight. I thought she was nuts because at the time I did not have a lot of weight that I needed to lose. She told me that the way that I was going to do it was when people tell me that I have lost some weight will say "Thank you, but I am letting it go".

She explained further by saying that when someone tells you that you lost something, you automatically start to look for the lost item because you want it back. She is right about that. If someone told me that I lost my cell phone I would immediately begin looking for it. Typically, lost is a negative word and is typically not something that we choose to do. We don't choose to loose items that we have worked hard for. Letting it go is a more positive word and is something that we choose to do.

So that is what I have been doing. I am letting go of everything that has been holding me back all these years. I am letting go of my fears of failure. I am letting go of hurtful things that have been said to me over the years. I am letting go of the negative thoughts and feelings that I have had about myself and my life. I am letting go of the weight that has been holding me back all these years.

Now, I am embracing life and I strive to be happy everyday. I am finally in control of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment