Sunday, March 6, 2011

Exciting News

The Casket has contacted me and asked if I would write some articles. They are doing a 4 week series on health related issues. The topics in order are: obesity, nutrition, physical exercise, and mental health. Of course I said "yes". I would do anything to get my story out there in the hopes that it can reach the people who are in the same position that I was in a year ago. The people who need to know that if I can do it, than they can too. That is one of the main reasons that I am blogging. If I can help just one person make the decision to live a healthier life, than as far as I am concerned, I have reached my goal.

The first article is going to be published in Wednesday's paper. I am really excited about participating in this. I have never thought of myself as much of a writer. I never did very well in English class, math and the sciences came easy to me and I had to work hard in english to get a passing mark. I am sure that The Casket did not ask me to take part in this because of my writing skills but more so because of my story.

So, I just wanted to let you know about this so that you can be sure to buy a copy, or two, of The Casket this week.

I was given a work limit that was really hard to stick to for my first article. I was not able to say all that I wanted to say to I am going to elaborate here in my blog. I am hoping that there will be some new readers to my blog so I will start by explaining where the term "Letting Go" has come from and then I will probably have a few posts on the different issues I faced when I was obese.

I hope you enjoy reading the article,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment