Todd told me to aim for 5 litres on days that I don't work and 4 litres on days that I do work. Does he know how much peeing that involves???
When you look at the health benefits of water, I know why he wants me to drink so much. There are countless health, beauty and weight loss benefits. Here are some of them...
- Our bodies are estimated to be about 60 to 70 % water and is essential for our survival.
- Drinking water flushes out toxins and nourish your body from the inside.
- Studies show that it is great for your heart and that it could lower your risk of heart attacks.
- Drinking water helps keep your skin hydrated and helps you flush out impurities leaving you with a healthy glow.
- Water does not have any calories.
- Water helps your body metabolize fat and digest food efficiently.
- Sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty. Next time you feel hungry, try drinking a glass of water and see if you feel satisfied.
- We lose water through our skin by sweating and by simply breathing. We need to replenish that water.
- Water is helpful in transporting oxygen to all the cells in your body.
- When you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated and when you are dehydrated, you are tired. So drink up to give you lots of energy.
I realize that not everyone needs to drink as much water as I am drinking. The more active you are the more you need to drink. The more you sweat the more you need to drink and there are a lot of other factors. That being said, the average person should drink at least 2 litres of water a day. So I ask...are you drinking enough water?