Thursday, September 29, 2011

Workouts this week

If you are wondering what I have been up to since Monday, I am about to tell you.

I worked Sunday night so I slept in on Monday...later than I expected. I went to the gym and started my workout. I did my usual 1 & 1/2 hours of cardio and my weights. I am back to what is called the Building Phase. The building phase is where you pyramid your weights. You start with 12, then 10, and then 8 reps and you increase the weight you are lifting for each set. This is a great way to build muscle. Monday was chest and bicep day and boy did I ever work them.

Tuesday I started with early morning cardio. Early morning cardio is where you do your cardio before eating anything...even before you have a drink of juice (water is fine). The idea behind early morning cardio is that you get to burning your fat stores faster. I would highly suggest that you talk to your doctor before starting this to make sure it is right for you.
So I did 1 hour of cardio in the morning, ate my breakfast and lunch and then headed back to the gym for my personal training session and the last 1/2 hour of cardio. In my training session I did, what is called, the 300 workout. My time was 22:39 which is almost 2 minutes faster than my time on Saturday. I was really pleased with that...and VERY tired!

Wednesday I started again with early morning cardio. I warmed up on the elliptical and then went for a run. Now, those of you who have been reading know that I don't normally enjoy running, but it was different on Wednesday. I had planned to run 6 kms, stopping every 1.5 kms for a quick break and I did just that. My running time was 34:25 which was superb for me. What was even more superb, was that I actually enjoyed the run and felt like I could have ran farther. I continued on with my cardio and did a total of 75 mins of cardio.
Wednesday afternoon it was time to train my legs. I did the leg extension and leg curl, the hip abductor and adductor, the leg press and my calves, and then did some plie squats. Then on to finish my cardio with a 1/2 hour spin.
What a day that was! I finished the day with a highly needed hot bath in epsom salts.

So, what did I do today? I started with early morning cardio, AGAIN! I started with 20 mins on the Precor elliptical, then moved on to 20 mins on a different elliptical. I was finding my cardio really hard this morning. My legs were tired much faster than normal due to what I had done on Wednesday. But I soldiered on and moved to the bike. My quads were burning within a few minutes so I completed 10 mins and decided that I had had enough. On my way to the stairs I thought to myself "Why are you stopping now? You only have 10 mins left for this morning. You can do anything for 10 minutes." So I decided to finish my cardio off with 10 mins on the rowing machine.
Back to the gym for noon to warm up and have a personal training session. I did the 300 workout again and guess what my time was...Come on, you really have to guess! I did the 300 workout in 20:33. Yep that is 2:06 faster than on Tuesday. I finished off my training session with some boxing and kicking. Let me tell you, I was spent after that. But I still had cardio that had to be done. So I did some spinning. Oh, I forgot to say that I was weighed today. 201.5 lbs.

My plan for tomorrow is to train my back and my triceps. Tomorrow is going to be really tough. My body is really tired but you know what? I know that I can do anything that I set my mind to so I am going to rock it tomorrow with early morning cardio and then back to the gym for 12ish to finish off my week.

This week I found that I was really focused and I also reached a new intensity. I really pushed myself. What did you do to challenge yourself this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment