Thursday, December 16, 2010

Flashdance...What a Feeling

In my last post I told you about my OLD favorite song. Now I am going to tell you about my NEW favorite song. It is What a Feeling from the movie Flashdance.

I will tell you why I like it after I type the words to the song. You can find the song on YouTube if you would like to listen to it. When I am at the gym I listen to the remixed version which is really high energy and it really gets me moving and inspired me to work harder.

What A Feeling
First when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream
That you fear seems to hide deep inside your mind
All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel, made of stone
Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm
Wrap around, take a hold of my heart
What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life
Now I hear the music, close my eyes, I am rhythm
In a flash it takes hold of my heart
What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, now I'm dancing through my life
What feeling
What a feeling (I am music now), bein's believin' (I am rhythm now)
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life
What a feeling (I can really have it all)
What a feeling (Pictures come alive when I call)
Ica have it all (I can really have it all)
Have it all (Pictures come alive when I call)
(call, call, call, call, what a feeling) I can have it all
(Bein's believin') bein's believin'
(Take your passion, make it happen) make it happen
(What a feeling) what a feeling...
I don't know if I will do a good job of describing why I like this song so much, but I will give it my best shot.
We all have dreams that we really want to see come true but most of us are too scared to even try to reach for our dreams for fear of failure so we keep our dreams just as that, a dream...at least that is what I did. Also, I felt that I was not worthy of seeing my dreams come true. I felt I couldn't have all that I wanted because I wasn't good enough. If you have been reading all along, you will know that I had a desire to help people and wanted to become and LPN for many, many years. It was a dream of mine that I talked about but didn't think it would ever come true for many different reasons.
But, in my search for happiness, I decided to take what I was really passionate about and make it happen...which is when I went to LPN school.
I really enjoy listening to music and love to dance (I suck at it but that is not the point). They both make me happy. People that dance always look so happy while they are dancing and they are having fun. I really feel that I am dancing through my life now instead of just letting the days pass by.
I feel that in the song, music represents all that is good in life. Now I do hear the music (all the good, positive things in life). Before, I always focused on the negative things in life and all the bad things that could happen to me and my family. I really feel that a positive attitude has made all the difference in my world. Now I concentrate on the positive things in life and deal with the negative things that happen with a positive attitude. I really feel that all my dreams can come true and I can have it all and I am not afraid to go for it anymore.
The song really goes deeper than that for me...but I just can't put it into words. Hopefully, you get the idea of why I like this song so much and why I consider it my new "theme" song.

No comments:

Post a Comment