Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So for those of you who don't know, today (well yesterday because it is after midnight, Dec 13) is my birthday. I have to say that the last birthday that I have looked forward to was my 19th birthday, until this one. I was excited to turn 19 because I could get into the liquor store and I felt that it meant that I was an adult. Since my 19th birthday I have not looked forward to having a birthday.

When I turned 30, I told my mother and my husband that I did not want a suprise birthday party like my mother had for my sister. I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that I was getting older and turning 30. Thirty seemed so old for someone that really did not know who she was. Who wants to turn another year older when they are not happy with where they are in their life and feeling that they have not grown as a person since the last birthday they had?

This year is different because I feel that I am in a good place with my life. I am taking charge of my life instead of just watching the days go by. I am finally living my life. I feel that I am finally a good person because I am helping people and I am happy. It dosen't matter how old I am as long as I am happy.

The past year of my life has left me with many changes and I feel that they are all for the better. I can't wait to see what the next year of my life brings me.

In other news, I finally have a New Year's dress! YIPPEE!! I picked up the dress that I ordered from Sears and I LOVE IT! It is a pinkish-purple color and is made of satin. It is a one-shoulder dress that falls just above the knees. Now I need to find some jewellery and get my hair cut. This dress calls for either an up-do or a shorter hairstyle. Since I am not very good with hairstyles, I may just get my hair cut shorter. I really have to watch what I eat over Christmas because there is not extra room in my dress. I would actually like to get at least 5 lbs off before then so I really have to watch myself until then.

Oh, I am looking for a polar bear dip to do on New Year's Day. Let me know if you hear of one anywhere in Antigonish County.


done anything with their life.When my 20th birthday came around, I was not really excited because I just felt that I was getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment