Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Biggest Loser

Did you watch The Biggest Loser tonight? I did, and I cried.

I cried listening to Irene and Jillian talking about Irene and how up to that point she had let go of 98 lbs, but she had not let go of the old feelings that she had about herself. She still felt worthless and incapable and did not feel proud of herself and her accomplishments.

I identified with her on so many levels. I was at that point in my life before and those feelings of unworthiness came back to me. It has been a long time since I was really reminded that I used to feel that way about myself. To hear that she was having those feelings about herself really broke my heart. I truely believe that everyone deserves to feel worthy of living a happy life, love themselves, and to be proud of themselves.

Then to see her realize that she is proud of herself put me over the edge. I was balling like a baby! She is such a beautiful girl and I am so happy that she has let go of those old feelings. She has really taken some big steps and I know that she is going to succeed at reaching her goal. I can't wait to see how happy and proud she is of herself at the finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment