Friday, April 29, 2011

The Secret

I was introduced to a film called The Secret by my mother a few weeks after I bought the book called The Power by Rhonda Byrne. I am currently reading The Power now.
I wanted to share with you what I have learned from watching the film The Secret. In The Secret, they talk about the Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction helped me to realize that what I think about, I bring about. When I have negative thoughts about myself or certain situations in my life, I attract things that are negative to me.
When I was over 300 lbs, I was always thinking about myself and some circumstances in my life in a negative way. These circumstances were not getting any better, even over time. But it is because I was thinking of them in a negative way. I thought, "I am going to be overweight for the rest of my life" and of course, I continued to act in ways that left me overweight. Until I started thinking that I can be fit again and be a "normal" size.
In the film The Secret, they tell you to think of yourself as a magnet and that whatever you are thinking, you attract to you. They tell you to make it clear in your mind what you want and to hold on to those thoughts and you will attract to you the things you think about most.
When people concentrate on what they don't want (the negative things) they keep showing up, over and over again and when people concentrate on the positive things, they see more positive things come into their life.
This is so true for me. When I began nursing and was happy with who I was as a person I began to tell myself that I deserve to be happy with my body. I joined the gym, and saw myself at my goal weight and this is what I concentrated on and thought about. I thought about feeling good about the way that I look. I still do it now. I am 25 lbs away from my goal weight, but I feel inside as though I am already there. I feel and think so positively about myself, until I look in the mirror, then I get a small dose of reality. I realize that I am not at my goal weight, but then I quickly change my thinking. I tell myself that with a little hard work, I WILL be at my goal weight and I will look on the outside as I feel on the inside and I begin to see myself at my goal weight again.
Here is a quote from the film:
"An affirmative thought is hundreds of times more powerful than a negative thought. Choose your thoughts carefully. You are the masterpiece of your own life."
The film talks about how our feelings let us know what we are thinking. When we are feeling happy, we draw more happiness to us. So when you are feeling down, do something to help you change your feelings. Do something that makes you happy.
The film says:
"Once you begin to understand and truly master your thoughts & feelings, that's when you see how you create your own reality. That's where your freedom is. That's where all your power is. That's when you see how you can become a deliberate creator of your life and when you are a deliberate creator of your life and you can use this law of attraction, you will have a life that is beyond what you can possible imagine."
The last few lines in the film are so great that they deserve to be quoted also. I can't say it any better myself.
"Feel good. You've come to this juncture in your life merely because something in you kept saying you deserve to be happy. You are born to add something, to add value to this world. To simply be the best you can be.
Every single thing you've been through, every single moment that you've come through were all to prepare you for this moment right now.
Now you get that you are the creator of your destiny. Imagine what you can do from this day forward with what you now know. What will you do with this moment? How will you seize the moment? No one else can dance your dance. Now one else can sing your song. No one else can write your story. Who you are, and what you do begins right now.
Believe that you're great, that there is something magnificent about you. Regardless of what has happened to you in your life. Regardless of how young or how old you think you might be. The moment you begin to think properly that something is within you, that the power that is within you is greater than the world, it will begin to emerge. It will take over your life. It will feed you, it will clothe you, it will guide you, protect you, direct you, sustain your very existence if you let it."

I highly recommend that you watch the film. I think that everyone can take something different away from this film. Then go buy the book called The Power. The first line in it is "You are meant to have an amazing life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment