Monday, April 25, 2011

OK, I know it has been awhile and I appoligize. I have been working out really hard at the gym...almost too hard. I am taking a break from the weights for a week and I am going to concentrate on cardio. My trainer is gone to Florida so it is a perfect time for a little break.

My plan is to swim 1 hour every day of my 5 days off and do an hour of cardio. I really want to get to running to prepare for my triathlon so I am thinking of doing some running/walking. I may run for 1 km and walk for 1 km. I don't want to hurt my knee so I think this is a perfect way to do it. I also got my hands on a bicycle so I am going to get out biking. I plan on doing a few long bike rides that are 15 or 20 kms.

After I take my week off from weight training. I will be training really hard at the gym. My trainer, Todd, wants me to do 1 hour of cardio early in the morning, before I have had breakfast (so don't get in my way, I am likely going to be cranky), and then I am to go home and eat and later in the day he wants me to go back to the gym to complete my weights and do 30 more minutes of cardio. So that is a total of 1 & 1/2 hours of cardio! He says this is what I need to do to get the last 25 lbs off so I am going to give it a try. I am not going to like traveling back and forth to town but I am willing to try it to get the last 25 lbs off. I keep telling myself, "it is only for 25 lbs and then I will just need to maintain". I really hope this works. I am going to give it my best.

I am working on writing my success story for Goodlife Fitness. I can't wait to finish it and submit it. I am hoping that it will inspire some more people to get moving and get healthier.

Oh, something new is that I ran in a 5k run a few weeks ago. I was a little worried about how it would go as I had not run since January and then it was only a few minutes on the treadmill. I ran it in 32:08 so I had improved on my last time of 34:45. My goal for the next run is to run it in under 30 minutes. That is quite a jump so I really need to practice my technique and get out there running so I can reach my goal.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see a new post. Don't get discouraged about that last 25 lbs, it took me 6 mths to lose that last 15 lbs, but it came off. It was really frustrating but keep doing what you're doing and it will come off. For me, I seemed to be stuck at one weight for a few months then suddenly over 3 weeks I lost the last 10lbs. I am still trying to lose another 5lbs or so, just so I have a leeway to play with while trying to maintain.

    Good luck with the story for Goodlife, you already have inspired so many people, now you can inspire many more across the country. I just submitted my story for them as well. We'll see what happens, maybe we'll be chosen together, wouldn't that be funny...lol.

    Good luck with the training for the triathalon. If you're ever looking for a running partner give me a call, I'll be happy to go with you.

    ReplyDelete