Thursday, April 28, 2011

Biking

Guess what I just did....come on, guess.

I went for a 16 km bike ride. Well, I estimate it was 16 kms, I will measure it in my car tomorrow.

It seemed that everything was against me going for this bike ride. The minute I stepped outside and touched my bike, the heavens opened up and it poured. But that didn't stop me. The mud on the 11 kms of dirt road didn't stop me and the the head wind coming back didn't stop me.

If you know where I live than you know how hard of a bike ride it is up my road. It is pretty much ALL uphill. The wind was blowing so hard, it almost stopped me in my tracks a few times coming up the big hills. But I didn't give up. I only stopped twice. Once to take my jacket off and leave it at my mother's mailbox and once to stop and pick my jacket up.

When I got home I was covered in mud from head to toe. The shower felt really nice.

This was my first bike ride on my (well, my sister-in-law's) bike. I really tested it out. I am going to need to add some straps to the pedals so I can do the push-pull as I do in spin class.

The conditions for biking were not ideal but next time I go out, it will seem easier because I won't have the wind to deal with...or at least I hope I won't have the wind to deal with.

Anyway, it was a good day. I got lots of cardio in and it felt good.

My plan for tomorrow...go swimming for 30 lengths of the pool, biking for 1 hour and a 30 minute run. Should be interesting. Stay tuned to hear how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment