Friday, April 29, 2011

Today's Workout

I was really...no extremely ambitious today with my workout. I have everyone on Facebook intrigued with what I did today for exercise and the only way for them to find out is for them to read this post.

Here is what I did today...
I started off with going to Goodlife fitness and I did 40 minutes of cardio. I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill at an incline of 6 to 10 (I increased it as I went) at a speed of 4.0. Then I went on the EFX Elliptical for 20 minutes at an incline of 10 and resistance of 8, my steps per minute were between 168 and 180.
Then it was time to put my bathing suit on and go for a swim. I did my 30 lengths of the pool which equals 750 meters. I did one length of front crawl and one length of breast stroke. I was concentrating on my breathing and technique again like yesterday so I did not go very fast. I kept a steady pace and finished in about 30 minutes.
Then it was time to put my helmet on and get on my bike. Joey and I biked 20.6k in 54 minutes. We did not push ourselves but we did it at a good pace. We were soaked at the end of it.
After the bike ride it was time for the run. I was planning on doing 5k, running 1 km and walking 1 km so as not to hurt my knee. But as soon as I began running, I knew that my knee had had enough for the day. So, instead of running/walking, I walked 8 kms...and that was the end of my exercising for the day.
I am really tired now and feel like I have a sunburn...but I think it is actually a windburn. Man was it windy out there today!
I am going to sleep really well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment