Monday, September 13, 2010

I am starting this blog while in the process of letting go of some extra weight that I have accumulated over the past years. I have been over weight and extremely unhealthy for many years now. I have finally taken charge of my weight and I am making changes in my life to become a healthier person.

My goal is to let go of 133 lbs. When I reach that goal, I am going to take a look at where I am and how I feel and I may decide to let go of more weight. When I origionally set my goal, I set it to a weight that I knew I would be able to achieve (it is 10 lbs less than when I got married). I didn't want to set my goal at a weight that I would not be able to get to. My goal is to be at a healthy weight for my body type and I also want to look good. No, I don't want to look good...I want to look my BEST!

Like I said, I am already in the process of letting go of my extra weight. In fact, I have already let go of 92 lbs which means I have 41 to go to hit my goal. I really wish I had started blogging from the beginning. It is a great way to document my journey, but it is better late than never. Right?

So, to do this right, I want to put it all out there and to put it all out there I need to share my weight with you all. I am very shy about telling people how much I weight (because it is more than you would expect). It was only a few months ago that I actually told Joey, my husband, how much I weigh. I know it is not the number that is important, it is more so how you look and feel. So here it is, my starting weight was 333.4 lbs, which means I now weigh 241.6 lbs. My goal is to be 200 lbs, I was 210 when I got married 12 years ago. There, I said it, well, typed it.

I invite all of you to join me in making changes in your life to become healthier. I encourage you all to comment. Say whatever is on your mind. Ask questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability. One of the things that is helping me to do really well, is hearing comments from my friends, family and people that I don't even know. So let's support each other in reaching our fitness and health goals.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment