Sunday, September 26, 2010

Support

It is so important to have support when you are working towards any goal. I am fortunate to have a huge group of people for support. I want to say a huge thank you to all of you who have been there to support me during my journey. I want you to know how deeply I appreciate each and every one of you and your inspiring comments. I means alot to me to hear people that I admire (and some that I don't even know) tell me that I am "looking awesome", that I am "doing so well", that they are "proud of me" or that I am "glowing" (and no, I am not pregnant). These comments inspire me to work harder and do better each and every day. I feel like I am not doing this alone, that everyone is cheering me on in the last leg of a really long race. It's like I get a rush of adrenaline whenever I speak with each of you or read a comment from you and I want to Thank You from the bottom of my heart for that.

I truely feel like I am blessed to have Joey as my husband. He has always accepted me for who I was (even when I wasn't myself). I really feel that he didn't care what I looked like, he only cared that I live a long and healthy life with him and that I was happy.

My son Brandon, has always been encouraging to me. Before I started getting healthier, he would ask me if I wanted to go for a walk. He would say "we could go for a short one, or a long one if you like". Now, he keeps me in line with my diet. He tells me all the time, "Mom, you already had a treat. You don't need another one.". Or he threatens to tell my trainer when I am tempted to eat something that I shouldn't.

I have the most amazing Mother in the world. She is so driven (I think I get my drive from her). She has been there for me all my life, taking me to handball practices, and teaching me the important things in life. She has been there to share my joys and has been there for me when I needed to cry. I would not be half the person I am today, if it was not for my mother.

I have so much to be thankful for! I am one lucky girl!

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
-Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment