Monday, September 13, 2010

So, I have a lot that I want to say and share and I am not really sure where to begin. I guess I will begin with the name of this blog and why it is called what it is.

The name Letting Go comes from many years ago when I worked at Mother Webbs. I went to see a fortune teller who told me that at some point in my life, I was going to lose a lot of weight. Now at the time I thought she was crazy because I really didn't have a lot of weight to lose. She told me that they way I was going to do it was by thinking that I was letting go of the weight rather than losing the weight. She explained it to me like this...if someone told you that you lost your phone, your first reaction is to look for it because you want it back. And when someone would tell me that I have lost weight I am to say "thank you, but I have let it go". At the time I was not too sure about this but it always stayed in the back of my mind.

When you think of it, the word lost or lose is a negative word. When you lose something it is usually a bad thing so you automatically panic and try to find it again. When you let something go, it is a decision you made. It makes sense to me, I hope it makes sense to you also.

This blog is about letting go of weight and getting healthier. But in order to do that, there are many things that I needed to let go of, like; things that have been said to me about my weight in the past, my fears, my negative way of thinking, my worries, my past misfortunes, my feelings that I have let everyone down, and my feelings that I am not a good person. I am sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. Really, I needed to let go of all the negative things in my life and to focus on the postive things in my life.

I am going to try to use only postive words in this blog. If you want to comment, please try to keep your comments positive.

I hope I have explained where Letting Go has come from.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn,
    Above all, I wish for you is happiness. You are probably the only person, (except for mom and dad), that I can say, I've known and admired all my life. As an older sister, it seems funny to say that it's me looking up to you... but you're so gentle and kind and strong. Who can blame me?
    I think that, it's not so much that you're letting go of something, but that you're reclaiming the person that you always have been. Remember when you used to work out at the OC for hours on end? You loved it. But, like all of us, myself included, duty to one's family takes the front seat. You haven't let anyone down; you've been very focused upon being a really wonderful mother and an awesome wife. I see the way your son and your husband look at you. They adore you. The time, the love, the patience will come back on you threefold.
    But now is your time. Think of how strong you had to be in order to pass your courses (flyin' colours, no less!) You're so brave!
    I'll leave you with this Irish blessing (which I will recite to myself, too!)

    May peace and joy surround you;
    Contentment latch your door.
    And happiness be with you now
    And bless you evermore
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete