Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Protein

I was just asked how I get 120 grams of protein in a day. Here was my response:

I keep track of what I eat on a website www.livestrong.com
It is awesome because all I do is type in what I have eaten and it totals everything for me.

To get 120 grams of protein in a day, I eat protein at every meal. I usually have something like the following in the run of the day:
1/4 cup of egg whites = 7
egg = 6
kiwi = 0.9
protein shake = 34
scallops = 22.4
broccoli = 6
grapes = 0.6
grilled pork loin = 36
nectarine = 1.5
cherry tomato = 2

For a grand total of 116.4 grams of protein.

The total of protein that a person should have is based on their lean body mass. My personal trainer told me that I should be having 120 grams of protein i0n a day. He told me that a person should have 1 gram of protein for every lb of lean body mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment