Monday, September 13, 2010

Mission Statement

I have recently completed the Practical Nursing course at NSCC. In order to graduate from NSCC all students need to create a portfolio. In my portfolio, I added my own personal mission statement. Well, I am calling it a mission statement. I'm not sure it is a proper mission statement but I didn't know what else to call it. I want to share it with you so you can get to know a little more about me. I developed my mission statement a year ago and I have been working at living by it. So, here it is:

I will cherish every sunrise, embrace each day as not just another day, but one filled with opportunity and excitement.

I will live each day with courage and a belief in myself and others.

I will live by the values of integrity, honesty, respect, freedom of choice and a love of all God's people.

I will treasure my family.

I will live each day with respect for myself and others, facing life's challenges as they come and learning from my mistakes in order to become a stronger person. I pledge my respect to my employers and I will strive every day to earn their respect.

I will enrich my life and the lives of all who cross my path or share my hearth, by caring, by affirming their unique worth in love, by giving what I have to give and accepting what they have to give me.

I will be known by my family as a caring and loving wife and mother; by my coworkers as a hardworking and honest person; and by my friends as someone they can count on and trust.

I will help others as best I can and I will thank those who help me along the way.

I will behave in a manner so as to become a light, not a roadblock, for others who chose to follow or lead me.

I will show love rather than expect love.

I will continue to grow personally and professionally by stimulating my mind with new learning and positive thinking.

I will strive to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment