Friday, January 21, 2011

Stepping It Up

A while ago, I think it was in November, I talked about stepping it up. For those of you who did not read that post, stepping it up is taking whatever you are doing now to get healthier and working harder at it for 1 week.

I am wondering if anyone has been stepping it up lately. The last few weeks I have been stepping up my cardio. I told you that I am doing intervals and running on the treadmill. I used to walk at a speed of 4.0 on the treadmill and now I am running for 30-60 seconds at a speed of 7 or 8 and then I walk at a speed of 3.5 for 30-60 seconds. Over time I will increase my running time and decrease my walking time until I can run the whole 20 minutes. That is how I am stepping up my exercise.

I have been stepping up my nutrition by looking for healthier options and making sure I am eating every 3 - 4 hours. I changed my bread from Dempsters (I think it has 120 calories per slice) to Ezekiel Bread (80 calories per slice). That is quite a difference especially when considering you use 2 slices of bread to make a sandwich. I cut my tuna sandwich down by 80 calories! I am also trying to eat more vegetables. I had been eating a lot of fruit and there is a lot of sugar in fruit so switching a few of my fruit for vegetables makes quite a difference at the end of the day.

So that is what I am doing to Step Up my nutrition and exercise. What have you done this weekd to Step It Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment