Tuesday, October 5, 2010

At the Gym Today

I went to the gym today. Are you suprised?? Probably not.
I had a personal training session with Todd and we did legs today so that means lots of squats (with 65 lbs of weight) and other stuff. I carried 2 x 45 lbs weights and walked around the gym on my tippy toes, to work out my calves...kind of like walking in stilettos but without the stilettos. My calves will definately be sore tomorrow as well as my glutes and hamstrings. But on the plus side, my calves will look really good in stilettos someday. I did modified burpees and step ups.
Oh, something else I did was carry 100 lbs up the stairs. It sounds like a lot but it put me at the weight that I used to be. I carried it up the stairs and Todd carried it down, it is too hard on my knees to carry that weight down the stairs...no wonder I am still having trouble with my kness. Imagine what they were going through for all these years.
After that leg workout, I did 45 minutes of cardio.

This weekend is race weekend. Joey and I are going to the valley (with some friends of ours). Joey is running the 1/2 marathon and I am supposed to do the 5 km run. I was talking to my physiotherapist about it and he suggested that I only walk it. I haven't run since June and he thinks that it would set my knees back and I really don't want to do that.

2 comments:

  1. It isn't about how fast you make it to the finish line, it is about getting there. Walking is just as good as running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammi, you are absolutely right! The thing is that the last 5 km I did, I ran about half of it and walked the other half. I told myself that the next one I would do, my goal would be to run the whole 5 km. I feel that if I walk it I will be taking steps back. I don't like to take backward steps, I like moving forward. But then again, if I run it and I hurt my knees, I will be taking many steps backwards.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete