Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Body Pump

I went to Body Pump tonight at Goodlife Fitness. It was the first class for the Antigonish club. For those of you who do not know what Body Pump is it is a weight-based group fitness class. It is 60 minutes long and contains eight seperate muscle-group specific songs as well as a warm-up and cooldown song. You choose the weight based on your ability and your goals. We did things such as squats, dead lifts, lunges, push-ups, bicep curls, sit-ups and much more.

It was definately challenging and worked all the major muscle groups. I think I went a little heavy on the weight for the biceps. They are very fatigued. I really enjoyed the class and I can't wait to do it again. There is another class on Monday, but I have to work so I will not be able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment