Monday, October 25, 2010

I worked a 12 hour shift today and then thought it would be a good idea to go to the gym on...an empty stomach. Let me tell you, it was not a great idea. As soon as I got to the gym, I could feel that my body was tired. I did my normal 10 min warm-up on the treadmill and realized that I was going to have a hard time doing weights plus an hour of cardio.

I settled for doing my weights (chest & biceps) and as much cardio as I could do. The weights seemed a bit harder than normal, then I ended up doing 40 mins of cardio. I worked hard and was extremely tired when I was finished.

All I could think of while working out was Wheel Pizza. I could almost taste the pizza in my mouth and I thought to myself "I could get 2 slices after my workout. One for me and one for Brandon." It is what I really wanted to do but I knew that it would be defeating my purpose for going to the gym in the first place. After talking to Todd, I decided to eat the apple that I had in my car instead. It was a hard decision to make, but at least I made the right one.

When I got home I had some salmon and I feel really good about the decidion that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment