Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Health, Happiness & Love

I know it is a little late. The Thanksgiving weekend is officially over but I believe we should be thankful for what we have all year round. So I thought I would dedicate this post to what I am thankful for.

Health, Happiness, & Love...that is what I am thankful for.

I am so thankful that I took the steps necessary to become a healthier person before I developed a chronic illness. I think that many people take their health for granted and start worring about it when it is too late. I shouldn't say too late, but late enough that their health has been affected and they are working to reverse the damage that has been done to their body.

I am thankful that I can get out of bed every morning and go to the gym. I am thankful that I care and love myself enough to take care of my health by eating healthier. You know what, I actually love healthy food now. When your tastebuds are used to eating junk food, they don't appreciate the taste of REAL food. Now, when I am craving something sweet, I go for fruit. I find most "sweets" way too sweet and I don't enjoy them anymore. That doesn't mean that I won't have a piece of cake when it is someones birthday. I will just have a small piece and there is nothing wrong with that.

I am also thankful that I am happy. I am so happy with my life. I love nursing and I love the unit that I am working on. I am happy to go to work everyday. I feel so fulfilled when leaving work at the end of a 12 hour shift. I am happy and thankful that I have healthy food to eat and a roof over my head. There are many people in this world that cannot say that they have healthy food to eat and a roof over their head. I think it is time for me to see what I can do to help people in this situation.

I am also thankful for love...for the love that I have for my husband, son, family and friends and the love that I receive from my husband, son, family and friends. I can't imagine a life without love. The love between my husband and I has grown so strong over the years. It is funny, when you get married you can't imagine loving anyone more than you love your husband on your wedding day. But every day that you are married your love grows stronger and stronger and as you live your life together you love them more and more every day.

The love that I have for my son has grown also. I love watching him grow up to be the man that he is going to be. I can't wait to see what he does with his life. He is such a kindhearted and giving boy/man. I am very thankful that I was blessed with such an amazing son....I only wish he would do his homework, LOL!

The love that you give and receive from your friends is a unique kind of love. Did you ever hear the saying "Friends are the family you choose for yourself"? I think it is so true. I love my friends like they are family because I think of them as family and we support each other as if we were family. I am thankful that I am blessed with such great friends. I love you all!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend!

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment